Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yellow??

I'm in need of a yellow fabric (I think) for my mom's living room.  The two parson chairs are finished and they look great.  I need some pops of color with the new fabrics and my options are; yellows, greens, blues, and tans.  Tan's don't really pop.  Also keep in mind that there is an existing leather sofa and love seat that we are using.  Since I think leather is more on the masculine side but good for kids and dogs, I want to soften it with beautiful fabrics.  I found one yellow fabric that I really do love but I also love this bluish/green fabric (2nd picture).  WHAT to do?  Yellows are sooo hard to chose from - I can't have something too bright but I don't want it to look like a nuetral.  Here's two fabrics that I think could work and one of them isn't yellow :-)

The living room is coming together nicely.  We are still searching for a paint color - the delay with this is because the space is sooo big it has to be just right.   Hopefully the decision will be made on Sunday. 

Every night this week has been incredibly busy with something so I hope by Sunday I will have most of the pillows done, finish the other cube, and pick the paint color.  I'm also working on another e-design of what I want to do to our master bedroom over the next couple of months.  Happy Friday everyone!

Here's one of the yellow fabrics I found and the next one I just fell in love with so now I'm kind of torn. 





Here's the most recent update to the nursery - better pictures to come. 









2 comments:

  1. jay, you sound like jeff making fun of me :) i'm sure it took some time and serious skill to get them that evenly spaced :)

    kate, i REALLY like the yellow in honeycomb in the first picture. i think it makes the jacobean floral brighter.

    ReplyDelete