Sunday, October 23, 2011

Creating a nursery - where do you even begin??????

The most recent project that has taken up the majority of my time and money has been the nursery for our sweet boy arriving in less than 3 months.

When I found out I was pregnant the first thing I thought about besides the sheer fact that I was going to be a mother was how I was going to decorate the nursery.  Obviously there are millions of different directions you can go in and it all depends on what inspires you.  My style is casual - but chic I like to think.  I love classic lines, bold patterns, bright colors, and traditional furniture.  Now-a-days you can find a great piece of furniture on craigslist, re-do it, and make it totally yours without spending a fortune.   Once we found out we were going to have a little boy here are some of the pictures that pushed me in the direction that I'm going.


Restoration Hardware

After much deliberation - searching fabrics, paint colors, and a variety of ideas.  I decided I wanted to go with a masculine feel with plaids, houndstooths, herringbones, and touch of elegance.

Here are some of the fabrics that I decided to go with:  I'm in love with them.

 P Kaufmann SANGAY NATURAL
I recovered an ottoman that I bought at HomeGoods with nailhead trim with this fabric - pictures to come soon



Item no.: US90-2-4 - Windsor Plaid Truffle 


I'll be back with more to update you on the beginning, middle, and end of the nursery - this is just a little teaser of the things to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment